Here at the World Energy & Meteorology Council (WEMC) we are always looking to collaborate and work with self-motivated individuals who are passionate about energy, weather and climate and give their unique input in these fields. If this sounds like you, check out the opportunities below.
Communications Officer (Part/Full-Time, 0.6-1 FTE)
Do you enjoy communicating to a variety of audiences – industry, academia, policy, general public? Are you keen to contribute to a more sustainable future by improving the adoption of weather and climate solutions for the energy industry?
The World Energy & Meteorology Council (WEMC) are seeking a highly motivated, result-driven, pro-active Communications Officer to manage their activities and communications for projects such as the EU H2020 funded SECLI-FIRM project (http://www.secli-firm.eu/).
As a strong multi-tasker, the post holder should be extremely organised with experience in a range of marketing and communications techniques. They should be an effective written and verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. Although desirable, no prior knowledge of weather and climate is required. However, a strong and proven willingness to learn about this field is essential.
- Effectively communicate and disseminate project output and WEMC activities assuring KPIs are met
- Create and publish content on WEMC and project websites via WordPress
- Create and manage WEMC and project newsletters using email marketing automation solutions
- Organise and manage social media
- Contribute to project management, admin and reporting
- Contribute to event organisation
- Generate and maintain new partnerships and networking opportunities with worldwide organisations and publications
- A University degree, or equivalent experience
- Excellent organisational skills with experience of negotiating and prioritising workloads
- Experience communicating via multiple channels including, but not limited to:
- Researching, creating and publishing online content.
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Management (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
- Website content management (WordPress)
- Creating and disseminating press releases
- In-depth reporting on project outputs
- Proven administrative skills, including organising meetings, taking minutes, contacting stakeholders, etc.
- Ability to strategize and update communication and content plans
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with SEO, Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Knowledge of planning and producing materials for events
- Understanding of how to run remote meetings and webinars using web conferencing systems
This role is advertised as a part-time or full-time position (minimum 3 days a week), initially on a one-year contract, renewed upon satisfactory performance. Based in Norwich (UK) with occasional travel if needed, a permit to work in the UK is required. The successful applicant will receive attractive compensation dependent on qualifications, experience and track record.
The WEMC is an organisation devoted to promoting and enhancing the interaction between the energy industry and the weather, climate and broader environmental sciences community. Established in 2015 its primary goal is to enable improved sustainability, resilience and efficiency of energy systems under ever changing weather and climate.
Additional information about WEMC is available at: https://www.wemcouncil.org
For further information about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com. Previous applicants are welcome to reapply. Applications received before Friday 27 March 2020 will receive full consideration. However, if the right candidate is not found by this time, the position will remain open until filled.
As an expanding organisation, we are happy to receive speculative applications (CV with a cover letter) from appropriately qualified professionals at any time, particularly if you have proven experience in one or more of the following: project management, event organisation, stakeholder engagement, software development. Teleworking and part-time appointments would be considered too.