Do you enjoy communicating to a variety of audiences – industry, academia, policy, general public? Are you keen to contribute to a more sustainable future by improving the adoption of weather and climate solutions for the energy industry?
The World Energy & Meteorology Council (WEMC) are seeking a highly motivated, result-driven, pro-active Communications Officer to manage their activities and communications for projects such as the EU H2020 funded FOCUS-Africa project (https://focus-africaproject.eu).
As a strong multi-tasker, the post holder should be extremely organised with experience in a range of marketing and communications techniques, and some in event organisation. They should be an effective written and verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. Although desirable, no prior knowledge of weather and climate is required. However, a strong and proven willingness to learn about this field is essential.
- Effectively communicate and disseminate project output and WEMC activities assuring KPIs are met
- Create and manage WEMC and project newsletters using email marketing automation solutions
- Contribute to social media communications
- Contribute to event organisation
- Contribute to project reporting in relation to communication and event tasks
- Contribute to WEMC project website content management
Skills (Selection criteria)
- A University degree, or equivalent experience
- Excellent organisational skills with experience of negotiating and prioritising workloads
- Experience communicating via multiple channels including, but not limited to:
- Researching, creating and publishing online content
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Management (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
- Website content management (WordPress)
- Creating and disseminating press releases
- Reporting on project outputs
- Proven administrative skills, including taking minutes, interacting with stakeholders, etc.
- Ability to strategize and update communication and content plans
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with SEO, Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Knowledge of planning and producing materials for events
- Understanding of how to run remote meetings and webinars using web conferencing systems
- This is a permanent role and can be full-time or part time (minimum 3 days a week)
- It is home based but you will ideally be able to occasionally travel to our office in Norwich
- A permit to work in the UK would be required but overseas applicants may be considered too
- Compensation is up to £ 32,000 (for a full time basis), dependent on qualifications and experience.
- 25 days holiday (for a full time basis) and 3% company pension contribution
This role is advertised as a part-time or full-time position (minimum 3 days a week), initially on a two year contract, renewed upon satisfactory performance. Based in the UK, a permit to work in the UK is required. The successful applicant will receive attractive compensation dependent on qualifications, experience and track record.
The WEMC is an organisation devoted to promoting and enhancing the interaction between the energy industry and the weather, climate and broader environmental sciences community. Established in 2015 its primary goal is to enable improved sustainability, resilience and efficiency of energy systems under ever changing weather and climate. We are professional, agile and innovative organisation working with global leaders in our sector.
Additional information about WEMC is available at: https://www.wemcouncil.org
To apply, please email your CV along with a cover letter clearly explaining how you meet the selection criteria, to alberto.troccoli – at – wemcouncil.org
Applications will be considered as they are received. The position is available immediately.