Do you enjoy processing and analysing large climate datasets?
The World Energy & Meteorology Council (WEMC, https://www.wemcouncil.org), a leading organization in climate and energy, is seeking a Data Engineer to assist with the fast-growing climate and sector-specific (energy, water, etc.) data processing and delivery and to support the WEMC’s visualisation climate and energy tool, Teal: https://tealtool.earth
- Retrieve, process and quality control large datasets
- Perform statistical analyses
- Produce derived datasets to be displayed by the Teal Tool
- Assist with the maintenance and update of operational climate service systems
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders, including providing user support
Skills (Selection criteria)
- Proficient with UNIX/LINUX environments and scripting languages (e.g. bash, Python, R, CDO, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with ML/AI approaches
- Familiarity with statistical analyses
- Experience of using code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with relational databases
- [Desirable] Experience with project proposals
The Data Engineer is offered as a full-time position, initially as a three-year contract, which can be renewed upon satisfactory performance. The normal place of work is Norwich (UK); however, teleworking, with occasional travel to Norwich, is also possible. A work permit to work in the UK would be preferred. Alternatively, a freelance contract can also be considered. The successful applicant will be offered a salary dependent on qualifications, experience and track record. This position offers a varied and interesting workload, in a highly stimulating environment. The position is available now and the search will continue until the position is filled.
The WEMC is an organisation devoted to promoting and enhancing the interaction between the energy industry and the weather, climate and broader environmental sciences community. Established in 2015 its primary goal is to enable improved sustainability, resilience and efficiency of energy systems under ever changing weather and climate.
Additional information about WEMC is available at: https://www.wemcouncil.org
For further information about this role, please email info – at – wemcouncil.org
To apply, please email your CV along with a cover letter clearly explaining how you meet the selection criteria, to alberto.troccoli – at – wemcouncil.org
Applications will be considered as they are received. The position is available immediately.