Do you enjoy processing and analysing large climate datasets?
The World Energy & Meteorology Council (WEMC, https://www.wemcouncil.org), a leading organization in climate and energy, is seeking a Data Engineer with indicatively 2-7-year experience to assist with the fast-growing climate and sector-specific (energy, water, etc.) data processing and delivery and to support the WEMC’s visualisation climate and energy tool, Teal: https://tealtool.earth
- Retrieve, process and quality control large datasets
- Perform statistical analyses
- Produce derived datasets to be displayed via Teal
- Assist with the maintenance and update of operational climate service systems
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
Skills (Selection criteria)
- Proficient with UNIX/LINUX environments and scripting languages (e.g. bash, Python, R, CDO, etc.)
- Familiarity with climate data formats (GRIB, NetCDF)
- Familiarity with statistical analyses
- Experience of using code versioning tools, such as Git.
The Data Engineer is offered as a full-time position, initially as a two-year contract, which can be renewed upon satisfactory performance. A work permit to work in the UK is required. The place of work is Norwich (UK); however, teleworking may also be considered. The successful applicant will be offered a salary dependent on qualifications, experience and track record. This position offers a varied and interesting workload, in a highly stimulating environment. The position is available now and the search will continue until the position is filled.
The WEMC is an organisation devoted to promoting and enhancing the interaction between the energy industry and the weather, climate and broader environmental sciences community. Established in 2015 its primary goal is to enable improved sustainability, resilience and efficiency of energy systems under ever changing weather and climate.
To succeed, you will have experience in front-end web development, and a strong interest for both technical implementation and design aesthetics. You will work closely with our team including a senior designer, data engineer and software developer.
Additional information about WEMC is available at: https://www.wemcouncil.org
For further information about this role, please email info – at – wemcouncil.org
To apply, please email your CV along with a cover letter clearly explaining how you meet the selection criteria, to alberto.troccoli – at – wemcouncil.org
Applications received before Friday 18 December 2020 will receive full consideration.