WEMC Young Scientist Award 2017 – Applications are open!
The World Energy & Meteorology Council (WEMC) is delighted to announce that entries are open for our Young Scientist Award, aimed at supporting and showcasing young scientists’ achievements and innovative ideas.
The WEMC Young Scientist Award consists of a free registration for the 4th International Conference Energy & Meteorology , including the pre-conference seminar, the social events, and a dedicated time slot to present the submitted paper. In addition, the successful applicant will have her/his work presented on the WEMC website.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
An application describing your project and its results must be submitted. The project’s description should emphasize how and why the work is novel and provides an innovative solution/methodology to help the energy sector face weather and climate impacts.
- Application: Follow the standard ICEM2017 abstract submission procedure with deadline January 27th 2017, ticking the «Young Scientist award» option. In addition, submit the application form (download form below) directly to Dr Laurent Dubus at firstname.lastname@example.org, with Object: [WEMC AWARD].
- Notification: the award selection committee will inform the winner by 28 February 2017.
- Submit an abstract to ICEM 2017 through the standard ICEM2017 abstract submission
- Submit a project description using the application form provided (download form below) and supporting documents
- Have at least a master’s degree in a field related to the object of the award on January 1st, 2017, and no more than 1-year experience after PhD
- Age limit: at most 33 on December 31st 2016
- Attend ICEM2017, and commit to presenting your project
Project submission deadline: January 27th 2017
Age limit: at most 33 on December 31st 2016
Prize: full registration to ICEM2017, including social events
Confidentiality: guaranteed by the terms and conditions
Targeted fields: weather, climate, and innovative solutions for the energy sector.