Do you enjoy contributing to the day-to-day running of an organisation? Are you keen to contribute to a more sustainable future by improving the use of weather and climate information for the energy industry to help address climate change?
The World Energy & Meteorology Council (WEMC) are seeking a highly motivated, result-driven, pro-active Administrative Assistant to help with the management of the WEMC office and in support of projects WEMC is the coordinator of or a partner in.
As a strong multi-tasker, you should be extremely organised with experience in a range of administrative tasks. You should be an effective written and verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. Although desirable, no prior knowledge of weather and climate is required. However, a strong and proven willingness to learn about this field is a plus.
- Coordinating calendars and arranging meetings, taking the minutes and driving through the actions to completion
- Maintaining a log of proposals, agreements and successful contracts. Filing and archiving files electronically typically using OneDrive/SharePoint
- General administrative activities in support of contracts, including dealing with email and other enquiries, and on occasions making travel arrangements
- Publish content on WEMC and project websites via WordPress
- Contribute to project communications and event organisations
Essential Skills (Selection criteria)
- Proven administrative skills, including organising meetings (face-to-face and online), taking minutes, contacting stakeholders, etc.
- Proven skills in using web content software such as WordPress to update web pages to a high degree of accuracy
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and MS365 software (Teams and OneDrive)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise workloads
- Proficiency in running remote meetings and webinars using web conferencing systems
- Experience with SEO, Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- This is a permanent role and can be full-time or part time (minimum 3 days a week).
- It is home based but you will ideally be able to travel to our office in Norwich at least one day a week
- A permit to work in the UK is required.
- Compensation is up to £ 25,000 (for a full time basis), dependent on qualifications and experience.
- 25 days holiday (for a full time basis) and 3% company pension contribution
The WEMC is an organisation devoted to promoting and enhancing the interaction between the energy industry and the weather, climate and broader environmental sciences community. Established in 2015 its primary goal is to enable improved sustainability, resilience and efficiency of energy systems under ever changing weather and climate. Since its inception WEMC has been steadily growing to a current team of around 10 staff.
Additional information about WEMC is available at: https://www.wemcouncil.org
For further information about this role, please email info – at – wemcouncil.org
To apply, please email your CV along with a cover letter clearly explaining how you meet the selection criteria, to alberto.troccoli – at – wemcouncil.org
Applications close Friday 12 November 2021. However, if the right candidate is not found by this time, the position will remain open until filled.