WELCOME TO ICEM2019
Registrations are now open for the 6th International Conference Energy & Meteorology in Copenhagen. The core theme of this year’s conference is ‘Exploiting the latest weather and climate technology to tackle the energy transition’. The conference will take place Monday 24th to Thursday 27th June 2019.
Hosted by the World Energy & Meteorology Council and the Technical University of Denmark, ICEM 2019 brings together a strong base of academic and industrial participants from the global energy and meteorology sectors.
This unique platform offers you the opportunity to learn how meteorological and climate information can help the energy industry develop more resilient and cleaner energy systems, that will help to mitigate the effects of climate change and global warming.
Pre-conference – Mon 24th
- Pre-conference seminar – click for info
- Social event: Welcome reception
- Social event: WattMeet
Day 1 – Tues 25th
- Opening speech: Anders O. Bjarklev (DTU President)
- Plenary talks: Chad Frischmann, Henrik Stiesdal & Gary Geernaert
- Workshop: Climate risk, adaptation and resilience for electric utilities
- Social event: Conference icebreaker reception & buffet
WattMeet – Mon 24th
- Networking Event 19:00-20:30
- Click for info
Day 2 – Weds 26th
- Plenary talks: Line Storelvmo-Holmberg & Alban Joyeau
- Workshop: C3S Energy Stakeholder Workshop
- Social event: Conference dinner
- More to follow
Day 3 – Thurs 27th
- Plenary talks: Henrik Madsen & Yana Popkostova
- More to follow
Wind Farm Boat Trip – Fri 28th 10am @ Nordhaven
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ICEM 2019
Why attend ICEM 2019?
The 6th International Conference Energy & Meteorology offers you a unique opportunity to join world-leading research organisations, meteorological service providers and energy companies to share valuable insight, knowledge and expertise.
- Connect with experts in the energy, weather, climate and water sectors.
- Participate in interactive sessions, collaborative workshops, networking and business opportunities.
- Be inspired by panel discussions and informative presentations from international experts in the energy and meteorology fields.
- Find out about the many opportunities that the nexus between energy and weather and climate can provide.
- Be a part of exciting new ideas and ways to collaborate, such as the new ‘WattMeet’ event
- Chief Executives
- Energy regulators
- Planning officers
- Water experts
- Financial and insurance brokers
- Utility engineers
- Transmission and distribution operators
- Service providers
- Policy makers
- Researchers and academics
- Optimising the exchange of information between the energy and the weather & climate sectors.
- Learning about the latest and detailed updates in the science, policy, planning and operations in the fields of energy and meteorology.
- Finding solutions for common issues encountered by utilities experts, weather specialists and climate scientists by working together.
- Enhancing collaboration opportunities between energy and meteorology experts/organisations, including attracting wider contributions to WEMC to broaden its base.