"Renewable Energy and the Environment"
Deadline extended until Friday 26 January 2018!
The call for abstracts for the 5th International Conference Energy & Meteorology is open! This call is based on standard abstracts and presentations only: no extended abstracts will be called for. You can see a few presentations for the previous ICEMs here.
Specifically, the Committee is inviting papers to be submitted for the following conference sessions:
|THE SESSIONS||SUGGESTED TOPICS|
|Weather and Climate Services for Energy||
|Energy resource assessment||
|Forecasting for power-system applications||
|Impacts of energy on the environment (including air quality)||
|Weather and climate risk management||
|Grid integration, storage, and smart grids||
|Energy policy, programmes, education, and cross-sectoral issues||
|Energy Efficiency and Emission Reduction
|Data Exchanges, Access and Standards||
- The abstract must be no more than 500 words in length.
- Abstracts may include a simple table or figure.
- The abstract must include a succinct overview of the intent and purpose of the presentation.
- Preference will be given to papers outlining results of research or quality-related projects.
- References should be used sparingly
- All abbreviations should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word
- A structured abstract format is preferred but not mandatory with the following headings:
- Objective & Background
- Principal Findings
- Conclusion (or Discussion)
The World Energy & Meteorology Council (WEMC) Young Scientist Award consists of a free registration for ICEM 2018, including the pre-conference seminar, the social events, and a dedicated time slot to present the submitted paper. In addition, the successful applicant will have her/his work presented on the WEMC website.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
You have to submit an application describing your project and its results. The project’s description should emphasize how and why the work is novel and provides an innovative solution/methodology to help the energy sector face weather and climate impacts.
Follow the standard ICEM 2018 abstract submission procedure , ticking the «Young Scientist award » option. In addition, submit the application form directly to Dr Laurent Dubus at firstname.lastname@example.org, with Subject: WEMC AWARD.
- Submit an abstract to ICEM 2018 through the standard abstract submission
- Submit a project description using the application form provided and supporting documents
- Have at least a master’s degree in a field related to the subject of the award on January 1st, 2018, and no more than 1-year experience after PhD
- Age limit: at most 33 on December 31st 2017
- Attend ICEM 2018, and commit to presenting your project to the audience
Project submission deadline: January 12th 2018
Age limit: at most 33 on December 31st 2017
Prize: full registration to ICEM 2018, including social events
Confidentiality: guaranteed by the terms and conditions
Targeted fields: weather, climate, and innovative solutions for the energy sector.
The deadline for abstract submission is Friday 26 January 2018.
Please note that there is an abstract fee submission of $30 USD. If the abstract fee of $30 is a barrier to submitting your abstract to ICEM 2018, we encourage you to get in touch with us to work out a solution.
When submitting your abstract, please indicate the session that is best aligned with your abstract. Abstracts submitted can be for oral or poster presentations (please indicate your preference when submitting your abstract). The Scientific Committee reserves the right to accept or reject abstracts. In addition, the Committee will endeavor to allocate accepted abstracts according to your oral/poster preference but this cannot be guaranteed. Posters will be displayed for the duration of the conference and there will be ample opportunity to discuss your presentation with delegates during scheduled poster sessions. There will also be 2-minute oral presentations to summarise your poster. Oral presentations will be 20 minutes in total – 16 minutes for presentation, 3 minutes for questions and 1 minute for change over of speakers. Prizes will be awarded for The Best Student Paper (either oral or poster) and for the Best Poster.
Please note that it is a pre-requisite that the presenting author registers for a minimum of one day to ICEM 2018 for their abstract to be included in the conference program.
For any questions please contact the ICEM 2018 committee:
Tel: +44 (0)20 3286 3250
Please circulate this information as widely as possible and encourage your colleagues to submit papers to ICEM 2018!